To ensure your Keratin Treatment lasts and you get the best straightening possible, I recommend the following aftercare:
FOR THE FIRST 2 DAYS
What you CAN DO:
* Put your hair in a plastic cap, for 2 days when showering.
• You do want to wear your hair down for at least 2 days to allow the product to settle in your hair.
• Do use a blow dryer or flatiron as needed, (in case hair gets wet during the first two days.)
• Do wear a silk scarf to pull your hair away from your face.
• Do use a shampoo without Sodium-Chloride (Sulfate-Free) on your hair at all times. Normal shampoo can cause the keratin to breakdown and, therefore, your treatment may not last as long. Sulfate-Free products can be purchased when you receive your treatment.
What you CANNOT DO:
• Do not tie your hair into a ponytail.
• Do not use hair clips.
• Do not place your hair behind your ears.
• Do not exercise or sweat.
• Do not use hair bands.
• Do not use your glasses to hold your hair back.
• Do not use sprays, gel or mousses.
. Do Not use any other hair treatments. (Moisturizing or other keratin), this will take out some keratin because it penetrates the hair shaft.
1. Is this treatment a relaxer?
No. Global Keratin & Brazilian Blowout are Keratin based treatments that straighten and soften the hair.
2. Does the treatment work on virgin hair?
Yes. On virgin hair, best results will be achieved after the second or third application depending on the formula used.
3. Can this treatment be done on any type of damaged hair?
Yes, this treatment can be applied on ANY previous chemical treatment (colored, highlighted, relaxed, bleached or virgin hair).
4. Can you do the treatment over the Japanese straightening?
Yes, the treatment can be applied over any kind of straightening.
5. Is it best to apply Brazilian Blowout or Global Keratin Hair Treatment before or after coloring?
For optimal results, color/highlighting processes should be done before applying Brazilian Blowout or Global Keratin. Otherwise, wait 2 weeks after the treatment application to apply color/highlights.
6. Can the treatment be done on children?
We recommend it for children at 12 years of age and over.
7. Can I wash my hair right after the treatment?
Yes, however the treatment will not last as long as if you wait don't 24-48 hrs.
8. Why do I have to wait to wash my hair?
With Brazilian Blowout there is NO waiting time, you can wash your hair the same day.
With Global Keratin we commend that you wait 48 hours for the Keratin to seal the hair cuticle. If hair is washed right after the treatment, the Keratin will wash out.
Coppola Keratin Complex must be left in the hair for 72hours prior to shampooing the first time.
9. How long does the treatment last?
The treatment last about 3-5 months depending on the hair type and maintenance. Treatment will work better on chemically treated hair.
10. Is the treatment permanent?
No, this treatment will gradually wash away after 3 – 5 months.
11. Can I go into the ocean or the pool after the treatment?
Do not go into the ocean or pool in the first 2 days. After that, you may swim. However, apply a suitable leave-in conditioner to your hair before you get in the water and rinse well afterwards before shampooing.
12. What shampoo do I use after the treatment?
Sodium Laureth/Laurel Sulfate-Free & Sodium Chloride-Free Shampoo, Brazilian Blowout Acai Aftercare Shampoo, TIGI Bed Head Some Like it Hot Shampoo or Rusk Deep Shine Keratin Shampoos are excellent choices.
13. Can I use styling products during the first 2 days?
Styling products can be used after the first shampoo.
14. Can I get the treatment done while pregnant or nursing?
While there are no known adverse effects, pregnant women and nursing mothers should consult a physician prior to any type of hair treatment.
15. Is this treatment good for African American hair type?
Yes, this treatment is great for African American hair.
16. What is the difference between relaxers / Japanese straightening and Global Keratin Hair Treatment or Kerafusion Keratin Treatment?
Brazilian Blowout & Global Keratin Hair Treatment are Keratin based treatments that straighten the hair naturally without strong chemicals. They are reconditioning treatments that transform the hair and restore shine. Relaxers and Japanese straightening work on breaking and rearranging the internal bonds of the hair. Once these processes are done, the hair is permanently straightened. The new growth of the Japanese straightening will always be curly, but the previously straightened hair will never revert or blend back.